Wednesday 20 July 2011

WIP Wednesday

This week we have some new WIPs and some FOs (Finished Objects)...

Karen is knitting her hot water bottle cover- using up a stash of leftover yarns...

hot water bottle cover - Lets Knit (issue 39)

It has an extra feature.... to be revealed once finished!

I'm still knitting my Peggy Sue.  I have now separated the sleeves for this top down cardigan and I'm knitting the body.   However my circular needles aren't long enough for me to try the cardigan on. Since I plan to do more top down garments (despite feeling like the raglan increases would never end) I will buy a longer needle!

Even though I haven't finished Poppy I have started a lace sock...


Not my usual colour but I had a sudden urge to knit a plain coloured sock.

Karen and I are researching Drops yarns, so this sock is knitted in Fabel (a very economical sock yarn in a great range of colours) and using this pattern.

Drops Lace Socks in Fabel
It is my first lace chart.  In the round.  As a sock.  I'm taking my time.

Our newest member to Stitches (Tuesday night group at Harbour Howff, St Monans) is James.  He modelled Karen's Lopi hat last week.  He is one of our youngest knitters (aged 7),our only boy and he has only just started knitting.  He has yet to purl but he is getting on very well in garter stitch making this for his Batman.  He thinks its fun!

Batman's Jacket by James

Karen's Mum, Margaret, also visited last week and whipped up a lovely cardigan in a few days using Sirdar Click.  Its a Sirdar pattern and apparently all the granddaughters want one...


More WIPs and FOs next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment