Tuesday 2 July 2019

Works in Progress



I often get asked, "What are you working on?"  And the answer is never short.

I sometimes share my projects on Instagram, and this weekend I shared them all... all eleven of them...

(I'm sure there are others, that have migrated to an upstairs cupboard, but these are the most current WIPs)

Top row - will all be new shop samples.
Mid row
  • New shop sample using Rowan Baby Cashsoft merino - a version of Garter Squish blanket.  I've done several of these stashbuster blankets (we have one in the shop), but this one is a single strand of of Rowan Baby Cashsoft and will hopefully be a baby size.
  • A simple cuff down sock in Crazy Zauberball.  This sock is inspired by this pattern and I'm using the free simple sock pattern we have in the shop.  I've split the ball of yarn into two and knitted the leg using 5 rows from each ball, then knitted the foot from one ball.
  • New shop sample, Ambrose - this sock is a Mystery Knit Along from Rachel Coopey. The knit along has ended... I'm still on clue one of four... I'm using Socks Yeah 4ply for a super crisp stitch definition.
Bottom row
  • New shop sample - Midwinter neckwarmer by Runningyarn.  I'm using one of my favourite yarns - Fibre Co. Cumbria Fingering.
  • Another new garment for the shop using Stylecraft Chunky.  This was nearly finished! But I wasn't happy with the neckline... so it's back to an unfinished state.
  • These are my projects in yarns I don't have in the shop! Chunky socks in Raggsocksgarn (from Midwinter Yarns), a Merry Berry hat in Brooklyn Tweed Loft and a simple laceweight shawl in Old Maiden Aunt Shetland 2ply




No comments:

Post a Comment