Wednesday 10 April 2013

a Couthie Cushion...

Couthie Cushions is this years Pittenweem Arts Festival Craft project, organised by Anne-Marijke. Anyone can take part. Make a cushion and it will be displayed and sold at the Arts Festival in August. Money raised is donated to charity (to be announced!).

We've been having get togethers in the shop and Anne-Marijke has left some patterns in the shop too.

We're highlighting some patterns on the website - you can see them here - and we also have a Pinterest board with even more ideas and tutorials.

You don't need to come to the get togethers or even the shop to join in. Knit, crochet or sew a cushion and get it to us before August!

(Fiona) I've settled on a variation of this scrappy cushion by Susan Maher...

Scrappy Cushion

Instead of using moss stitch I'm using linen stitch over 77 stitches. Changing the colour EVERY row...

I'm using mostly DK and a 3.5mm needle (I'm a very loose knitter), I'm hoping the cushion will come out 30-35cm wide.

My bag of odd balls...

progress so far - this may take a while...


For those unfamiliar with linen stitch this is what I'm doing over an odd number of stitches...

Row 1 (RS): *k1, slip 1 with the yarn in front; rep from *
Row 2: slip 1 with yarn in back, *p1, slip 1 with yarn in back; rep from *

I'm just tying on a new piece of yarn each row... not sure what I'll do with my yarn ends yet...

Are you making a cushion for the Pittenweem Arts Festival?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment